All About Solitaire
Complete Solitaire Counselor
Solitaire and it's Variations
Solitaire is a card game that many people prefer spending time with,
but maybe not all of you know that there are literally hundreds of
versions given to this game. However, a few of them count as the most
popular ones and this is the reason that has determined us to write this
article in the first place.
What you should know is that many of these versions differ from
one another due to different rules and layouts that exist out there.
Once you want to learn more of these variations, you must make sure that
you comprehend these rules so you will be able to achieve the purpose of
The most popular versions available also online are:
- Klondike solitaire is built in as a feature for Microsoft computerized programs consisting of a game with 52 cards that should be placed on the foundation by their suit in an ascending form that starts with Aces.
- Solitaire Tower comes with 52 cards arranged in an eight row pyramid and that need to be moved to the foundation.
- Bristol solitaire is played with 24 cards that are dealt in 8 rows, each row consisting of 3 cards. The players must move the top card of the column and they are allowed to do so as long as the card from the top is higher in value than the card that players are moving.
- Scorpion is not at all similar to other versions of solitaire games since there is no foundation present in this game and according to the rules players must arrange cards into 4 columns that belong to the same suit in a descending order – from King to Ace.
- Fortress is a version of solitaire games where cards are dealt in 10 rows and the players must move the cards from the top between the rows but only if the card has the value either higher or lower than the card in the column where players drop it.
- Pyramid solitaire is the solitaire version which purpose is to pair the cards ranked to get 13 and once the pair is made, the cards must be removed. In this way you will have the possibility of making pairs with the rest of the cards.
- FreeCell solitaire counts among the most popular games also because there is as well a computerized version that comes as a built in feature with Microsoft program. The cards are dealt in 4 reserves and 4 foundations where cards should be placed in an ascending order starting with Aces.
- Spider solitaire deals with two card decks – 54 of them arranged in 10 columns. The purpose of the game is to make suits by color and remove the cards from the columns in such a manner that these suits are correctly obtained.
There are many other versions of solitaire that are available both in the online and offline alternatives, but the ones from above are by far the mostly preferred ones.